Saturday, January 05, 2008

I Live!

An update! Finally! I've been busy absorbing my greatness at gaining the CPhT title, as well as taking a well-deserved vacation. In the past 2 weeks, I've worked a total of 5 out of 14 days. Not shabby!

The beginning of the year has gone fairly smooth. I've not had too many expired insurance policies popping up. I also haven't seen too many insurance lines going down yet. My single complaint is that it appears that approximately a quarter of my patients who have coverage through plans served by Medco have varied from the 1000000000001-style ID numbers, and now have ID numbers starting with 600, and some weird group number that ends in PDP, and they aren't even Medicare plans. None of these Medco plans with these weird ID numbers and group numbers have sent out their new cards, it appears, because everyone we dealt with in the past 2 days said they'd received such cards. All I have to say, though, is that the Medco hotline has a great automated system to deal with this.

Honestly, as I've been out of the game for so long, I really don't have much to say. I'm sure the next few weeks will garner many more amusing anecdotes to post, but for now, I guess I'm done.

No comments: