Thursday, May 15, 2008

Busy month

You know, in January, we were hugely busy. February, pretty busy still. March, starting to settle down. And April, fairly slow. I don't know WHAT has happened, because school won't let out for a few more weeks around here, but all of a sudden, we're totally busy with not enough help. I've been working long days with no chance to run to the restroom, and no chance to eat half of the time.

We've been fortunate enough to get some rotation students, though, since colleges are letting out. It's been different, teaching them our chain's computer systems, and teaching them all kinds of different things, but our PIC has been doing pretty good acclimating them to the job.

Interestingly enough, I've got to say, things have been fairly smooth overall. With the exception of me always seeming to pick the wrong thing, whether it be go to the registers instead of the phone, or the drive-thru instead of the register, or something, of course.

Today was kind of weird, though. It felt like every person had a problem when they came in. There was a girl who had just gotten 3 months of birth control 3 or so days ago, yet said she left them at her house less than an hour drive away, and still wanted me to transfer them until she realized she'd have to pay about $60 for one pack. Then, one of our little old ladies came in and complained about something or other. Then, someone needed me to go point out eye care, right under the sign that says 'eye care', where it always is. On top of that, today was the day we write up our order for the next week, so that took some time. After that, we found out that our relief tech was sick. I had an appointment, so I could not stay. She did us a huge favor and sent in a friend, after we found out that our intern was sick as well.

I guess what I have to say, is that I don't have all that much to really say right now. Hopefully June rolls us back into our typical Summer Sloth mode. As much as being busy is nice, there is something to be said about kicking back, eating some snack food, and doing your CE's on company time if there is nothing left to do elsewise.

No comments: