Monday, March 10, 2008

And Hilarity Ensues!!

One of the absolutely funniest things, ever, happened to us today --

Patient comes in. I don't know how old he was, but obviously old enough to go to a geriatric center to see a doctor. Let's just call him JB Dumbass, for lack of a better name.

Mr. Dumbass comes to drop-off. I was up to my ass in rejection, so Part Time RPh takes the prescription, after he told me he would not talk to me anyway.

Seems that good ol' Dumbass left his hard copy at his house, but he wanted us to call the geriatrician to get them to phone in the prescription, since he didn't feel like going home for it. He lived 5 minutes away, maximum, in traffic.

RPh calls, and gets transferred to a voice mail. He INSISTS she calls back! She does, gets a person, and they tell her they'll try to get a nurse, but if one doesn't pick up, she has to leave a message. Two minutes pass, and she's dropped into voicemail. She leaves the message. She then offers him a few pills to get through. "Well, I haven't taken any in a week! I need a few!" This is for his amlodipine.

We give him a few, and he goes to our drinking fountain by our restrooms. He comes back. He then proceeds to take a seat in our waiting area for the next THREE HOURS before finally conceding defeat in that they won't be calling back anytime soon. I'm not exaggerating when I say 3 hours. Seriously. It was the most ridiculous thing ever.

We had another crappy day, but thoughts of TPA and how hilarious a blog this could make helped us pull through.

Also, I'd like to thank Mr. and Mrs. Shithead, for taking a big dump on our company, once each, for dragging competitor coupons for gift cards to us. Five dollars total on each RX, $30 coupons for each. A $25 profit for each. Sick. I hate coupons. I'd like to see them try again, because I do mark in patient's profiles when they are allowed their next coupons, because if they're gonna use them, I'm gonna do what my supervisors said, and force upon them the limitations the originating pharmacy making the coupon forces. It's nice that most of them say ONE COUPON PER 6 MONTHS. It really makes my job a bit easier, and I take pride in forcing these people to try again somewhere else. I'm sick of my company being shat on be cause they want their free gifts for coming. I can't wait until TPA gets this practice outlawed. I'll do anything to help!

Also, lastly, I may or may not end up buying a domain name of my very own for this blog, now that I've got a renewed interest in posting. We'll see.

Edit: I forgot the moral of the story -- when the office called back, at 4:30, we explained that he had the prescription at home, and they were flabbergasted when we told them he'd sat there for 3 hours. They told us they would not encourage bad behavior on his part, and that he had to bring the script in. Vindication was never quite so sweet as this.

2 comments:

Cindy_CP said...

I work at a small grocery store in the mid-west. We do not do gift cards or coupons. We did, briefly, but I kept records and we determined that 95% of the coupon people just transfer out the next month for the next coupon. Also, go to EBay and search for "pharmacy coupons". It's unbelievable how many people are selling transfer coupons on Ebay. That alone should make the chains stop them!

the technician extraordinaire said...

My "coupon lady" customer that we all hate does that every single month, for all 3 of her family members, and uses coupons wherever she goes. She can no longer remember where her prescriptions are. It makes me sick.

I've seen that stuff on eBay, when I searched to see what weird things would come up if I used my company's name, and I was immediately mad about it.

At least I don't have to take photocopies!