Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Interesting.

I was looking through my Site Meter, and I decided to look at the stats, referrers, etc. I thought I'd share some of the Google/Yahoo!/other search engine results that were interesting.

  • Months down the line, I am STILL getting a ton of hits from my posts about the Actavis Totowa recalls from digoxin. There are Actavis, Actavis Totowa, Actav, and digoxin referrals all through there

  • There were also a fair amount of referrals from an entry I wrote about a Factive coupon I wasn't even thanked for using. Funny.

  • "Lose your pharmacy tech license" via Google. Oddly enough, this has never been discussed here to the best of my recollection.

  • There were a TON of referrals, almost as many as the Actavis Totowa ones, asking the pros & cons of e-prescribing. I wonder if it's medical professionals, or just patients, looking into it. Hopefully, a mixture of both! I like promoting e-prescribing, as long as the doc looks into it and knows what they're doing.

  • "Why does the pharmacy tech look at me strange when I fill Lorcet?" via Google. Easy answer - we've been taught to scrutinize controlled drug scripts, and sometimes when you get large quantities, it sets off warning bells in our heads. Not saying you're an addict, but we deal with them every day, and sometimes, it's hard to shake the thought of the possibility.

  • "Pharmacy tech pin" via Google via Microsoft. Again, never discussed. Haha.

  • "Sorry works pharmacist" via Google. Weird.

  • "Pros and cons of pharmacy drive through" via Google. It's just a big con, folks!

  • "I hate my job procter & gamble" via Google. Another weird one.

  • "Nursing sucks pharmacy tech is better" via Google. I'll have to ask my tech in nursing school if this is true, and I'll let you know what she says.

  • "Pharmacy technician anecdote" via Google. This one just appeals to me! I don't know why, but I really like it.

  • "I hate being a pharmacy technician" via Google. Don't we all hate it at some point or another?

    So that's my list. Some of them are funny, and some of them are just odd. I'm just happy for the traffic, any way they get here.

    As for pharmacy life, we are still experiencing trouble with Terry. Terry came in last week and asked myself, my intern Madison, and another intern, Tom, to clean up the pharmacy in case our supervisors stopped by. Uhhh, what?? Terry worked with two technicians, Mark and Kaya, this weekend, and they had no time between filling all of 175-ish scripts to do it? The pharmacy was a disaster! I spent the entire evening cleaning up, and as soon as I did, Terry messed it all back up again. I was ready to kill Terry for it. I had to leave the pharmacy area and just go for a walk in the store because I was afraid I was going to lash out. I tried not to say very much because I knew it would be bitchy and spiteful. I just can't see how if *I* work the weekend, no matter who with, I can get everything done, clean, and make calls for our various CorpoPharm programs.

    I just don't know how much longer I'll be able to deal with this. I've talked to our supervisor, Alex, at length about the issues. Problem is, he and Terry are old friends, and he won't see how miserable we all are, and trust me -- every single person in the pharmacy is miserable. I guess the next step is Alex's boss, Stephen, then possibly their boss, Ethan. Something has gotta give, and if it doesn't, I'll start looking for jobs. I truly don't want to leave CorpoPharm, because I love everyone there, excluding Terry. We were a tight-knit, great group before Terry. We are still a tight-knit, great group excluding Terry, because Terry isn't interested in the same things the rest of us are. It's just getting harder and harder to find a reason to get up and go into work every day.
  • No comments: