Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Phew

It's been nearly an entire month. One day short of it. I feel like so much has gone on within that month, yet it's hard to put into words, because I don't want to give too much away towards showing who I am. The PIC DOES surf the net and read some of these type of blogs, after all.

So, what's happened? First things first, Donna finally had enough and quit. She didn't give us two weeks to replace her, more like two days. I've been working by myself with the pharmacist until late in the afternoon, whenever we can snag an intern after classes end. It's been difficult, but so far, we've managed with just slight issues about being too busy and understaffed.

Also, my intern that does not get along with the rest of us gave up a shift to work for another store in the chain. It's not a big loss, because we had a few people who were coveting that time slot, and it's working out for the better, because there's less snarky comments being made.

We finally got an application that was viable for us for a new hire to replace Donna. We started Kaya last week, and she's catching on quickly, which I'm really excited about. I actually know Kaya outside of work, and was surprised when she applied. I was happy, because she and I had always gotten along, and it looks like she will be joining this CPhT's team until she graduates school.

We've had our share of weird customers over the past month, and there were really no exceptions. We've had people coming in to ask if we have those round Percocet 10/325 generics or the long ones, because the round ones just don't work as good as the long ones. Or so they say. Needless to say, those people are ones we aren't going to be thrilled to see if they keep coming back. We've had a lot of people angry about some new company policies, and the local doctors' still don't understand that the OTHER new policy is not our idea, and they keep getting angry with us.

It's just been weird lately. I've been feeling pretty crappy towards work at all. Kaya's going to be making a similar wage as me in a few months, and this is after 4 years of service on my part. I like Kaya, but I don't think I should be making what a first year is making. I feel like we are in a rut, and we can't get out. Terry is causing a lot of this rut, because ALL of us are feeling it.

Maybe next time, I will have more good news. We'll see.

No comments: