Friday, June 20, 2008

Quickies, since there's downtime in 10 minutes.

Seriously, I am starting to wonder if people were born in barns.

I cannot count how many times a day people interrupt myself or one of my fellow staff members while waiting on another patient. It pisses me off to no extent. You are all important. Stop being an asshole and interrupting while we give these patients (potentially) vital information, and go away. Thanks.

Also, if you're planning to transfer your stupid freaking prescriptions in and out of a zillion fucking pharmacies, EXPECT that at some point the refills are going to be incorrect. You've fucking transferred in and out and in and out EVERY MONTH. I can see this in your profile. I can pin down where it most likely happened. Stop being an ass and bitching me out. Figure out who you had originally fill your script, and go bitch at them. Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I've had more than one error in a transfer, presumably because the other pharmacy gave me the incorrect info (since I filled exactly what they told me over the phone), I've instituted a policy to not transfer anything unless the patient brings me their bottle, so I can write down what's on the label. At least this way, they'll get exactly what they got from the last pharmacy - right or wrong...

the technician extraordinaire said...

The person in my rant has been going back and forth to stores in my chain ... I am pretty sure that she is still on the original rx she handed in, and NOT the new one she claims to have given to my store about 10 minutes from mine. She made me call them, and they told me that it had been a transfer from another of our chain's stores. I basically told her if she has a problem, go to them. She was pissed, but too bad.

I like to have the bottle. We had a patient accuse us of transferring something wrong, so we called the grocery chain and asked them to pull the hard copy. They did, and it matched what they told us. We told her to go over there if there was an issue. She left us alone.

Transfers are becoming an issue because we have a tech who just decided she was allowed to call for copies. It took them 2 & 1/2 years to allow me, and my other interns, to do copies. She's been there less than a year. As a consequence, she always messes them up. We tell her to give them to us, but she doesn't listen. So now, if there is no original label, we call and verify it. It sucks, and pisses the other people off, but it's the only way to verify it's right. This girl is not a good employee, but unfortunately, we have no real grounds to get rid of her right now. The kicker? She's just under a year away from taking her boards. She can't do basic pharmacy tasks, let alone transfers.

I can't wait until some pharmacy organization comes to its' senses, and helps to make transfer coupons, and any pharmacy-department coupons (like the states that already don't allow them, so they find a way around them) illegal.